Yesterday was hot. Really hot. I tweeted about our pastor's plans to shorten the meeting due to the expected heat and avoiding side effects that can come. In the end, our area of Sydney, by nothing short of a miracle, did not reach the expected temperatures, and it was more pleasant than some recent weeks. To describe this as a blessing in the midst of our worst bushfires ever is a huge understatement.
So the morning service was sweet, and I mean that in the sense of the Holy Spirit's presence being sweet as opposed to it being 'sah-weet' ;) The evening service was littered with problems due to the heat of the day in other areas (power failures, etc), but that's OK too - it was a great learning curve for all involved.
I was a backup singer this morning, and as I've said in previous posts, I love coming under the guidance of the other worship leaders and being led into God's presence; certainly makes me feel holy pride at how much these guys have grown. Only one hitch in the morning - he doubled up the chorus at the end of Run without anyone expecting it, so we had some interesting drum stuff there. A good laugh.
The evening service (or late afternoon, really) was run by our Ablaze youth guys as normal, and at the end of a hot hot week, the fatigue was showing on top the tech troubles associated with power failure and rock bands. They did good though.
And two great messages as well. AM - expanding the theme & vision for 2009. PM - being light in darkness. Lots of notes and song seeds too :)
The AM Songs
Run (Houston/Hillsong)
All For Love (Webster/Hillsong)
Shout Unto God (Sampson/Hillsong)
Happy Day (Hughes/Cantelon/Soul Survivor)
This Is Our God (Morgan/Fielding/Hillsong)
The PM Songs
Your Name High (Houston/Hillsong)
Show Me Your Glory (Murgida/one of ours)
Saving Son (Murgida/one of ours too)
This week is meant to be cool and wet. Bring it Lord! The southern part of the nation needs the relief, while the flooded northern part needs some dry weather to allow it to recover.
Now go and check out all the other setlists and reviews on the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.com.
and see what else is going on round here as I go about Shaping The Space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
SAH-WEET
set list :)
Hey David,
Would love to hear some of those originals!
For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com
I'm with Fred - let's hear 'em! Great that you're using your own stuff.
I also love doing backing vocals with another worship leader.
Great song choices! :)
Post a Comment